Truck drivers who own their own vehicle need to have trucking owner operator insurance. Even if you work for a company on a permanent lease, that company’s coverage will not fully cover you. Trucking Insurance USA can help you get the coverage you need.
The Truck Insurance Needed Will Vary
The coverage that you need depends on your situation. For example, if you work for a company, it provides primary liability, which covers injuries or damages to people and property.
Coverage for Owner Operators Who Are Leased
Aside from the liability coverage that your company provides, you also need to have:
- Non-Trucking Liability, which covers you while you aren’t hauling a load.
- Cargo Insurance, which covers the cost of the load you’re hauling if it becomes damaged or lost.
- Physical Damage Coverage, which covers the cost of repairing or replacing your truck if necessary.
Buying your own policy (in addition to anything the company provides) ensures that you will have the coverage you need in the event of an accident. If you rely on the company’s insurance policy, it may not give you enough money to replace your vehicle or cover all of the damages. The agents at Trucking Insurance USA can help put your mind at ease.
Owner Operators Who Work on Their Own
When you are your own boss, you are responsible for all of your coverage. This means you will need:
- General Liability, which covers damage to other people and property. Most companies and brokers require a $1 million limit.
- Commercial Auto Liability, which covers the cost of trailers that you do not own and rental reimbursement.
- Physical Damage (comprehensive), which covers damage to your truck and trailer.
- Cargo, which covers damage to your load from an accident, fire, or theft.
- Non-Trucking Liability, which provides coverage while you aren’t hauling a load.
The experts at Trucking Insurance USA can explain the facets of each policy and talk to you about current laws in each of the states you operate in.
Restrictions May Apply
Restrictions may be involved in some coverages. A truck insurance broker at Trucking Insurance USA will discuss these with you.
When you need trucking owner operator insurance and want to be sure that you’re fully covered, contact Trucking Insurance USA.